Investing in real estate is unquestionably one of the most significant investments. Purchasing your dream home can burn a hole in your wallet. With the government’s ever-changing policies, it can be challenging to keep up with current trends to buy the best property.
Choosing the right real estate agent is as important as selecting the right property. But how does one differentiate an excellent real estate agent from an average one?
At Gupta & Sen, we have bought and sold luxury properties for our clients numerous times, and we have assisted many people in realising their dream of investing in the right property. Who better to help you find a star real estate agent than us? Here are some strategies for identifying suitable professionals to help you purchase your property.
- The agent allows his credentials to speak for themselves. Experience in sales, negotiations and contract signing is necessary. Every month, the agent must close at least two deals.
- Check to see if the agent is a full-time real estate agent. The industry is competitive, volatile, and unpredictability prevails. To be safe, make sure your agent works full-time in this industry so that they can guide you and keep you up to date on everything that is going on in the market. Avoid anyone who is doing this as a side job.
- The agent must be realistic about the market and not construct fantasy castles in the air. Please stay clear of any agent who brags about himself to close a deal in his favour. Avoid any agent who refuses to share his 12-month track record in the real estate industry.
- Ask to speak with some of the agent’s previous clients to take it further. It’s the simplest way to determine his credibility and whether he’s a trustworthy and pleasant person to work with. If a person refuses to provide you with client references, run in the other direction.
- You are buying a property for yourself with your hard-earned money and not for the agent’s sake. Please note whether he listens to your request and understands what you want. If the agent launches into a sales pitch at every opportunity, it’s time to reconsider the agent.
- Every person has a unique requirement based on their needs and goals. A good agent will be aware of the best recommendations for everyone. Whether you are a single person, a family, or a career-minded couple, the agent must have the best solutions and suggestions.
- The property’s surroundings are just as important as the property itself. It is the responsibility of the real estate agent to inform you about connectivity, public transportation, and amenities such as schools, hospitals, and recreational facilities so that you can make an informed decision.
- Many people will almost certainly invest their savings in that one dream home. The agent must understand the concerns that first-time buyers may have and that they may need to be advised on various aspects of searching for, finalising, and purchasing a home.
While selecting a real estate agent is a task, it is up to you to do some preliminary research to know how to deal with the agents. Below are some tips for property buyers.
- It is a good idea to drive around the neighbourhood yourself and observe how it is at different times of the day and night. You may pleasantly be surprised about coming across details that you might have missed to observe. It’s also a good idea to drive around the neighbourhood and see how it looks at different times of day and night. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover details that you previously overlooked.
- If you are puzzled by the various options available to you, spending an hour or two with your real estate agent will provide some clarity. The agent should be able to provide a printed list of all the properties that were sold after reviewing the property papers. Take note of how the property’s value has grown over time. It is a good indicator of rising property values.
- Purchasing a property that will not grow significantly will not result in the profits you desire. If it’s purely for investment purposes, you might be surprised at how certain properties generate specific prices. Seek an explanation from the real estate agent as to why this is the case.
- Spend some time online researching the type of property you want to invest in. Talk to your family or spouse about your wishes and desires. It is not necessary to share the same objectives. This clarity will allow the agent to assist you better.
- As property buyers, you are always looking for the best deal, but keep in mind that a more expensive home may provide more opportunities for wealth accumulation. A 5% increase in the value of a ₹ 1.5 crore property will be very significant from a 5 % increase in the value of a ₹ 50-lakh home. At the same time, it would make sense to be realistic and not aggressive, as it depends on your situation. A small house may be appropriate for a couple. While spacious and quieter suburbs may appear to be a better option, living closer to a public transportation facility in the city centre may be a better option for someone who commutes to work over long distances.
Here is a checklist to keep in mind while looking for a new property.
- Design and personal style
- Date of construction- Brand new or resale
- Condition of the home
- City centre or suburbs
- Common leisure facilities and shopping
- Public facilities such as schools, hospitals, and malls
- Public transportation
- Gated community or open access
- Recreation facilities.
Buying your dream home is undoubtedly a difficult task, but by working diligently with the right agent, you will find your dream home in no time. The right agent will serve as your salesperson, advisor, researcher, and negotiator. Additionally, patience in weighing the pros and cons of various options, as well as clarity in requirements, will ensure that the process runs as smoothly as possible.
Do not miss a single article!
Submit your email id to get new articles directly into your email inbox!